To assist in welcoming first-generation college students to Tiffin University, giving them a space to ask questions and receive peer support, and retain these students at Tiffin University for all four years.
To celebrate and recognize first-generation college students at Tiffin University, while assisting them throughout their four-year college journeys.
Our definition of a First-Generation Dragon: “A student who has had neither parent nor caregiver attain a four-year baccalaureate degree” is described as a first-generation college student (Darling and Smith 204). Our definition includes the definition of Darling and Smith while adding that the student must be enrolled at Tiffin University.
- Welcome incoming first-generation college students to Tiffin University.
- Retain membership of first-generation dragons for all four years in order to support them on their collegiate journeys.
- Celebrate and recognize how amazing first-generation college students are for doing something no one in their families have yet accomplished.
- Being a support system for first-generation students here at Tiffin University by assisting them with their academic goals and their personal goals.
This group is open to anyone who:
- Is enrolled full-time at Tiffin University (12 or more credit hours per semester)
- Needs support as a first-generation college student in order to get their questions answered and have the support of other Tiffin University students there for them
- Has a desire to meet other students who also identify as a first-generation college student on campus